Islamabad, Jan 1 : A World Health Organisation (WHO) report said as many as 7,274 cases of measles were reported in Pakistan's Sindh province of which as many as 210 people died, Geo News reported Tuesday.
The report also stated that an emergency campaign against the epidemic has been kicked off from Jan 1 which will continue till Jan 9, 2013.
The campaign aims to vaccinate 2.9 million children to fight against measles while the government of Sindh has provided 1.3 million injections for the said purpose.
Measles is a highly contagious respiratory disease caused by a virus. (IANS)
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Considering a Combination
- Ted Cruz Unveils Flat Tax Plan, Says it will Spur Economic Growth
- Samsung’s Business Moving in the Right Direction; Quarterly Profits Surpass Estimates
- Feds December Rate Hike Agenda Pushes Dollar to 2-1/2-months High
- Comcast Corp Reports Gain in Q3 Revenue