Islamabad, Jan 1 : A World Health Organisation (WHO) report said as many as 7,274 cases of measles were reported in Pakistan's Sindh province of which as many as 210 people died, Geo News reported Tuesday.
The report also stated that an emergency campaign against the epidemic has been kicked off from Jan 1 which will continue till Jan 9, 2013.
The campaign aims to vaccinate 2.9 million children to fight against measles while the government of Sindh has provided 1.3 million injections for the said purpose.
Measles is a highly contagious respiratory disease caused by a virus. (IANS)
- Scientists say death of a partner may cause an actual ‘heartbreak’
- Trump Criticizes Ford’s Move of Building a New Assembly Plant in Mexico
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Plan to End Merger Deal with New Stricter Tax Rules
- Dollar Close to Its Seventeen Month Low Against the Yen
- Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns after Panama Paper Leak