Islamabad, Jan 1 : A World Health Organisation (WHO) report said as many as 7,274 cases of measles were reported in Pakistan's Sindh province of which as many as 210 people died, Geo News reported Tuesday.
The report also stated that an emergency campaign against the epidemic has been kicked off from Jan 1 which will continue till Jan 9, 2013.
The campaign aims to vaccinate 2.9 million children to fight against measles while the government of Sindh has provided 1.3 million injections for the said purpose.
Measles is a highly contagious respiratory disease caused by a virus. (IANS)
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore