Wellington, Jan 3 : Tech giant Apple has reportedly started testing a new iPhone and the next version of its iOS software, a report has claimed.
According to news website The Next Web, app developers have found in their app usage logs references to a new iPhone identifier, iPhone 6.1, running iOS 7 operating system.
Apple''s iPhone 5 bears the identifiers iPhone 5.1 and iPhone 5.2, and is powered by iOS 6 operating system.
Developer logs show that the app requests originate from an internet address on Apple''s Cupertino campus, the Stuff. co. nz reports.
According to the report, this suggested that Apple engineers are testing compatibility for some of the popular apps, the website said.
Some reports have suggested that the new iPhone will be released in the middle of 2013. (ANI)
- The Robot-Snake Charger Designed by Tesla Could Scare you Along with Charging your Car
- Food Industry Consolidations Might be What Activist Investors are Expecting
- BOJ Unchanged About Upbeat Economic Assessment In Spite of Contraction Expected in April- June Quarter
- Friday’s US Jobs Report for July Is Expected to Show Strong Gains
- MH370 Debris Wash Ashore to an Indian Ocean Island