Cartoons remain the favourite TV programme of kids as well as a popular preference amongst parents, with Cartoon Network and Pogo reigning supreme, the eleventh edition of the Cartoon Network New Generations study revealed.
According to the latest edition of the study, cartoons are the favourite shows of 63 per cent boys & girls, while 25 per cent parents also list them in the list of their preferred programmes.
The study also revealed that the trend of co-viewing of cartoons has increased over the past few years. In the latest study, three in five (60 per cent) parents admitted that they watch TV together with their kids every day.
Seventy-three per cent of kids surveyed named `Chhota Bheem' as their favourite cartoon show, followed by `Ben 10', `Doraemon', `Mr. Bean' and `Tom & Jerry'.
The study also revealed that kids' access to technology has increased via computers, Internet and mobile phones. These tools have also increased kids access to social-networking sites.
Speaking on the finds, Krishna Desai, content director (South Asia) of Turner International India said, "Kids now days are using social networking sites, this is a latest development and was not prevalent during our previous study, which took place nearly 17 months ago."
The findings are based on a survey of nearly seven thousand kids and parents in SEC A, B and C across twenty-six centers, including New Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Guwahati, Nasik and Kolkata.
- IBM Watson’s Uses Artificial Intelligence techniques to Teach Robots Better Understand Human Communication
- Haggen Grocery Chain Wants Permission to Shutter Hundred More Stores
- New-Home Sales in the U.S. Increased in August by 5.7 Percent
- Federal Reserve Chair, Janet Yellen Feels Dehydrated during Speech; Gets Medical Attention
- Sanford C. Bernstein Reaffirms ‘Market Perform’ Rating for Lockheed Martin