Colombo, Dec.29 - China's national airline - Air China - will start a direct service between Chengdu, the capital city of southwest China's Sichuan province, and Sri Lankan capital Colombo from February 10, 2015.
An airline statement said that the Chengdu-Colombo service will operate four weekly flights using Airbus A330 aircraft.
The four flights will be on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays with one-way trip taking five-and-a-half hours.
This is the first service from Chengdu to a Sri Lankan city, marking an important step towards the construction of the flag carrier's Chengdu hub.
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study