Iwata [Japan], Oct.24 : Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. announced today that its flagship supersport YZF-R1 model has been selected as the winner of the transportation category of the "German Design Award" competition.
This achievement represents Yamaha Motor's first nomination for this award, and was selected as a first-time category winner from among over 4,000 entries.
In addition, the German Design Award marks the fourth design award received by the YZF-R1 (2015 overseas model), following on from the Good Design Award 2015, iF Design Award 2016, and the Red Dot Award: Product Design 2016.
In the German Design Award, the German Design Council recommends products from around the world which have already been evaluated as of a high design standard.
New Delhi - Yamaha Motor India on Monday reported 20.82 percent rise in domestic two-wheeler sales at 39,309 units in January.
The company had sold 32,534 units in January 2014.
Commenting on the sales performance, Yamaha Motor India Sales Vice President (Sales & Marketing) Roy Kurian said: "The incessant growth reinforces our belief in our business and strategic outlook.
"We are happy with our gradual growth and are extremely positive about 2015 with our new launches and innovative customers connect programmes."
He added that leveraging on the same, the company would garner major sales.
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study