A new ad campaign for the new Ford Figo model has received angry response from various sections of the society and might convince the company scrap plans for its distribution.
The new poster campaign, which is designed by JWT India, showed former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, socialite Paris Hilton and Formula One driver Michael Schumacher in an inappropriate manner. The ad also showed Kardashian sisters from the reality television show in the US being hauled by Hilton and the sisters had indicated that they are considering legal options against the auto major.
There are now indications that that the Kardashian sisters are not likely to get legally engaged with the company. JWT India is a part of world's largest marketing communications group, WPP. It is believed that the ads were released in an unauthorised manner on the social media. As a result, WPP and JWT moved quickly to control damage and removed all the ads from the internet and also sacked JWT India's chief creative officer Bobby Pawar and creative director Vijay Simha Vellanki within days.
The New York-headquartered agency has given assurances to Ford that such instances will not be repeated in the future.
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore