On Tuesday, Google announced the release of its new iOS Gmail app - an updated version 2.0 -, giving the app a new look as well as some key features for the users of the iPhone and the iPad.
With the updated Gmail for iOS version 2.0 boasting a number of useful changes as well as visual improvements, Matthew Izatt - product manager at Google - said in a blog post that the new iOS Gmail app has a "totally new look and feel."
Among the most notable additions made to the app is multi-account support; with the app giving the users the ability to log into up to five separate Gmail accounts from the menu page, and thereafter tab among open accounts. This addition will be of great help for users of shared devices, such as the family iPad.
In addition, the new Gmail iOS app - which is now available via Apple's iTunes App Store - also features some new interface animations which run much more smoothly throughout the updated app. The reboot also makes way for improved notifications and push delivery; along with giving the users the capability to view photos in messages, make multiple file attachments to an email, and scroll infinitely though their mailboxes.
With some impressive enhancements coming aboard the new Gmail iOS app, the Gmail 2.0 is a notably more stable and refined product, especially when compared to the previous bugs-plagued versions of the iOS app.
- IBM Watson’s Uses Artificial Intelligence techniques to Teach Robots Better Understand Human Communication
- Haggen Grocery Chain Wants Permission to Shutter Hundred More Stores
- New-Home Sales in the U.S. Increased in August by 5.7 Percent
- Federal Reserve Chair, Janet Yellen Feels Dehydrated during Speech; Gets Medical Attention
- Sanford C. Bernstein Reaffirms ‘Market Perform’ Rating for Lockheed Martin