London, June 21 : The much relished Marmite has become a life-saving paste for a sick rooster who sprang back to life after getting a daily dose of this salty and savoury product.
The cock, named Pickle, was just 4 weeks old when he developed a B1 vitamin deficiency causing his feet to curl up into claws.
This made its owner Sarah Oates, 45, to think that she will have to put him down against her heart.
However, vets gave this Reepham, Norfolk resident a sure-shot treatment by telling her to smear Marmite on his beak and let him lick it off.
“It only took about a week before he was walking and running again. He loves the Marmite and licks it off his beak pretty quickly after I put it on. Now I have problems catching him!” The Sun quoted Sarah, as saying.
Vet William Oakes said: “Marmite is a good source of B vitamins.” (ANI)
- Americans will do anything to save life
- Rare tiny neutrinos may help scientists find out about the origins of universe
- Warning to doctors to keep using redback anti-venom
- Eating Nuts Regularly Decreases Chances of Cancer or Heart Disease: Study
- Researchers trying to make Use of Nanoparticles Properties in Glass