Moscow, Feb. 11 : A total of 18 people were trapped in a coal mine blast in Russia''s Komi Republic, the Emergency Situations Ministry said Monday.
The explosion occurred at 10:28 Moscow time (0628 GMT) in the Varkutinskaya coal mine in the northwest republic, according to the emergencies authorities.
There were 22 coal miners working underground in the morning. Four of them were raised up to the ground automatically during the blast, Yelena Smirnykh, deputy chief of the emergencies ministry''s information department told local media.
The other 18 miners could be trapped in the debris, she added. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"