Baghdad, Sep 15 - At least 33 people were killed and 45 others wounded in multiple attacks across Iraq Saturday, police said.
In the northern province of Nineveh, 27 people were killed and 36 wounded in a suicide bombing near provincial capital Mosul, Xinhua reported citing a police source.
The attack occurred in the afternoon when a suicide bomber blew up his explosive vest at a funeral in Baashiqa town, some 10 km northeast of Mosul, which is about 400 km north of here.
Earlier, the source put the toll at 22 killed and 41 wounded. The toll could rise further as many of the wounded are in critical condition.
Elsewhere, six people were killed and nine others wounded in separate bombings and shootings in central Iraq.
A roadside bomb detonated at a village in Abu Ghraib area, some 25 km west of the national capital Baghdad, killing three people and wounding five others, a police source said.
Gunmen in a car killed a civilian and wounded another in a drive-by shooting in Ramadi city, some 100 km west of Baghdad, the source added.
A man and a woman were killed and three women got wounded in a roadside bomb explosion on a main road at a village outside Dujail city, some 60 km north of Baghdad, a police source said.
Iraq is witnessing its worst eruption of violence in recent years, which raises fears that the country is sliding back to a full-blown civil conflict that peaked in 2006 and 2007 when monthly death toll sometimes exceeded 3,000. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"