New Delhi, March 16 : The 9th edition of India-Africa Project Partnership conclave gets underway here Sunday, promising to be the largest such engagement with the 54 countries in the continent, with a record 630 registered delegates from overseas.
Co-hosted by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and the Exim Bank of India, the three-day conclave is expected to discuss a host of issues including 475 projects worth $64 billion, mainly in infrastructure and capacity building, the organisers said.
This year, Cameroon is the guest country and Ethiopia the focus country.
Nearly 40 lawmakers, besides a host of industry leaders and officials from 41 African countries are taking part in the meet described by a top foreign ministry official as "the contemporary connotation to an old relationship."
"This highly successful India-Africa business forum, that would not have been possible without the private sector participation, will take the bilateral engagement to a new level," said Radhika Lokesh, joint secretary in India's external affairs ministry.
Together, India and Africa account for a population of 2.2 billion with a combined gross domestic product of nearly $3 trillion. India is Africa's fourth-largest trading partner and a significant investor across the continent
Bilateral trade between the two sides has grown from $4.6 billion in 2000 when these conclaves began, to $60 billion in 2011-12. The target is to top $90 billion by 2015.
Among the various sessions are those on catalysing larger South-South cooperation, for sustainable power, achieving food sufficiency, building capacity and infrastructure and encouraging Indian private investment in African manufacturing. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"