London, January 19 : Becoming a millionaire, paying off the mortgage early and travelling the world are some of the most predictable ambitions to make it to the list of 50 things the average adult dreams of doing.
Inventing a product that changes people's lives, for instance, or abseiling down a mountain might not be on everyone's to-do list are some of the slightly more bizarre aims an average adult has.
As for flying a plane, climbing Everest or learning to surf, the majority of adults will never pluck up the courage to do any of these, the Daily Express reported.
Researchers found that the sad truth is most people will not tick off more than five things on their list of things they want to do before they die.
Most ambitions involve travel to far-flung corners of the world. Among favourite destinations are the Taj Mahal in India, the Great Wall of China and Egypt's Pyramids.
However, a lot of people harbour a yen for more energetic trips like walking the Inca Trail in Peru, swimming with dolphins or deep-sea diving.
In the study of 2,000 adults, which was commission by Hansen, more than one third - 35 percent - of people polled said they did not have time to achieve their ambition, while 20 percent worried about injuries, and 22 percent did not think they were fit enough to attempt it.
Additionally, 12 percent admitted they simply don't have any ambition at all. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"