Islamabad, July 21 : An earthquake measuring 5.2 on the Richter scale struck Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province and some areas in northern region Sunday morning, Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) said.
There was no immediate report of any loss of life or property.
The epicentre of the temblor, observed at 3.13 a. m. (local time), was determined some 95 km northwest of province's Chitral district at a focal depth of 211 km in the mountainous region of Hindu Kush, along Pakistan-Afghanistan border, reported Xinhua.
The quake created panic among the people who were busy preparing for morning prayer during the ongoing month of Ramadan.
According to local media, the quake was felt in Chitral, Swat, Malakand and Lower Dir areas of the province.
The country's northern region includes Gilgit-Baltistan.
In October 2005, a quake measuring 7.4 on the Richter scale had killed over 80,000 people in Pakistan besides leaving millions homeless. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"