London, Feb 6 : A retired bank clerk from Windsor, Berkshire has amazed all by becoming a world champion vaulter, heptathlete and sprinter at the age of 77.
Dorothy McLennan, has scooped dozens of gold medals and world records since taking up athletics professionally in her 50s, the Daily Mail reported.
And at an age where many of her peers prefer sitting down with a cup of tea in front of the telly, spritely McLennan trains three days a week in preparation for her next world championships.
McLennan, first became a champion pole vaulter in 1991, but she won gold again in 2012, and is the current world champion in the 75 to 80 age group category.
The pensioner has competed at every World Masters and European Masters event since 1991, which are both held annually, taking a medal at every single games.
She says she has at least 42 medals and estimates at least 35 of them are gold.
She most recently won gold for heptathlon at the European Masters Championships in Poland in 2006, when she was 70.
Despite being in her late 70s, McLennan has now taken up Usain Bolt's event - the 100m outdoor sprint - and is hoping to smash the record at the British Masters Championships at the end of February by the running the race in 16 seconds.
McLennan, who lives with her husband Ray and can pole vault 2.1m, said: "People are always very surprised when I tell them I do pole vaulting and sprinting, but I don't see what is so unusual about it."
She added that she loves getting out and about, as it keeps her fit and healthy.
McLennan was inspired to take up professional athletics in the mid 1980s after watching a man in his 80s finish a marathon. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"