Abu Dhabi airport lounge voted best in Middle East
Abu Dhabi, July 6 - The Al Dhabi lounge at the Abu Dhabi International Airport has been voted the best airport lounge in the Middle East and Africa in the Priority Pass 2013 Lounge of the Year Awards.
Nearly 60,000 Priority Pass members voted for the award, based on lounge quality including refreshments, staff, business facilities and overall ambience.
Now in their ninth year, the awards recognise excellence within Priority Pass's network of over 600 partner-operated lounges worldwide.
Fully refurbished in 2011, the Al Dhabi lounge caters primarily to business travellers, most of who are making single flights rather than being in transit. The lounge offers free wifi, has a play area for kids, and also an open bar.
The overall global award went to the Pau Casals VIP lounge at Barcelona's El Prat airport in Spain.
There were nine winners in the Priority Pass 2013 Lounge of the Year Awards.
1. Global Best Lounge: Pau Casals VIP lounge, Barcelona El Prat
2. Global Best Refreshments: No. 1 Heathrow, Terminal 3, London Heathrow Airport
3. Global Best Staff: Escape Lounge, Terminal 1, Manchester Airport
4. Global Best Business Facilities: Dilmun Lounge, Bahrain International Airport
5. Asia Pacific: Louis' Tavern CIP First Class Lounge, International Terminal, Concourse G, Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport
6. Europe: Pau Casals VIP lounge, Barcelona El Prat (Global Winner)
7. Latin America and Caribbean: Sumaq VIP Lounge and Business Centre, Lima Jorge Chavez International Airport
8. Middle East and Africa: Al Dhabi Lounge, Abu Dhabi International Airport
9. North America: United Club, Terminal E, Houston Texas International Airport (IANS)
New Delhi [India], Apr 28 : The Supreme Court will...Read More
New Delhi [India], Apr. 28 : The Supreme Court on...Read More
Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) [India], April 28 : The...Read More
Lucknow/Mumbai (Uttar Pradesh/Maharashtra) [India...Read More
New Delhi/Bengaluru (Karnataka) [India], Apr 28 :...Read More
New Delhi [India], Apr 28 : The Congress Party on...Read More