Hyderabad, Feb 2 : A city court Saturday sent Shiva Kumar, the main accused in the murder of a 23-year-old student of Osmania University, to judicial custody for 14 days.
Shiva Kumar, who had attempted suicide by jumping from a train when the police were bringing him to Hyderabad last month, was finally brought here Saturday and produced before a magistrate at his residence. The accused was later shifted to Chanchalguda Central Jail.
Aruna, a post graduate student, was found murdered at the residence of her friend Shiva Kumar at Chatrinaka in the Old City of Hyderabad Dec 31.
Shiva Kumar, who was absconding after the crime, was arrested by the police in Pune Jan 4. However, when he was being brought back to Hyderabad, he jumped from the moving train, sustaining critical injuries. The accused was admitted to a hospital in Pune.
The police had arrested Shiva Kumar's younger brother Prabhu (21) and his fried Praven (22) for aiding the main accused.
According to police, Kumar had strangled Aruna to death Dec 29 at his house when his parents were away. Along with his brother and a friend of his brother's, Kumar had planned to dispose of the body but failed.
When some neighbors saw them digging a grave behind the house, they fled after locking the house.
The postmortem report revealed that the girl was pregnant. The police suspect Shiva Kumar killed when she was pressing for an early marriage.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"