New Delhi, Aug 28 : Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot Wednesday said strict action would be taken against spiritual guru Asaram Bapu if he was found guilty of sexually abusing a minor girl.
Gehlot met Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde here and apprised him about the progress in the case.
"Police should not come under any pressure while conducting investigation and it will not happen. Strict action will be taken based on the outcome of the probe," Gehlot told reporters.
He said saints should maintain sanctity in society so that there is no scope of raising fingers at them.
"I have already said no one is above law and it should take its own course," Gehlot added.
A minor victim had filed a complaint at a New Delhi police station Aug 20, accusing Bapu of sexually assaulting her at his Jodhpur ashram. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"