New Delhi, June 12 : L. K. Advani's era is over and the Janata Dal-United (JD-U) would soon take a decision on its alliance with the Bharatiya Janata Party, JD-U leader Shivanand Tiwari said Wednesday.
"L. K. Advani is a very senior leader, but his stature has been reduced. His phase is over and he is at an age where he should retire," Tiwari said about Advani agreeing to stay on in the key party posts of the BJP after resigning from them Monday.
Tiwari said the BJP naming Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the chief of the party's election campaign for 2014 elections was an indirect elevation as its prime ministerial candidate.
"This signifies lot of things and we are taking it seriously," he said.
On the alliance between the BJP and the JD-U, Tiwari said: "Now that things are clear, and we take a final call in a day or two."
JD-U leaders Wednesday seemed to have decided to end the 17-year-old alliance with the BJP over the rise of Modi. A formal announcement to this effect is expected soon.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"