New Delhi, Feb 4 : A delegation of ''All India Federation of the Deaf (AIFD)'' called on Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari here on Monday.
They pinned a flag on Vice President Ansari on the occasion of "55th Flag Week of the Deaf".
Ansari interacted with them and blessed the young students and the federation with big success in their efforts for the welfare of the deaf community all over the country.
The delegation was led by Kum Surrender Saini, President and two deaf students namely Devki Solanki, a computer student and Tariq Iqbal, a photography student were members of the delegation.
Saini briefed Vice President Ansari on the various activities and training programmes being run by the federation for the welfare of young deaf students.
AIFD was set-up in 1955 with an aim to unite the Deaf in the country. It is an apex body of different affiliated organizations spread all over India and serves the deafs in elevating living quality of the deaf.
Globally, it works with World Federation of the Deaf (WFD). It has promoted Multipurpose Training Centre for the Deaf (MPTCD) for socio-economic mainstreaming of the deaf. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"