Hyderabad, Feb 12 : Forensic experts Tuesday recorded the voice of MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi in another case of hate speech.
The Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) legislator was presented before a court in Nizamabad town, where the experts recorded his voice as he has reportedly claimed during the interrogation that the voice in the video footage of his speech was not his.
The court also extended his judicial custody till Feb 26. The hearing on his bail petition was also adjourned to Feb 14.
Owaisi was brought to the court amid tight security.
A curfew-like situation prevailed around the court complex with police forcing the closure of shops, eye-witnesses said.
The young leader was brought from a jail in Adilabad district, where he is lodged since his arrest last month in case of hate speech booked against him in Nirmal town of the same district.
Akbar Owaisi, the younger brother of MIM chief and Lok Sabha member Asaduddin Owaisi, had made the controversial speeches at Nirmal on Dec 8 and at Nizamabad on Dec 22 last year.
Adilabad is about 300 km and Nizamabad 200 km from Hyderabad.
The MIM legislator's voice was recorded in a court in Nirmal town on Feb 5. The court same day extended his judicial custody till Feb 19.
A member of assembly from Chandrayangutta constituency in Hyderabad, he is facing charges of sedition, waging war against the nation and promoting enmity between people.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"