Hyderabad, Jan. 4 : Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi will be questioned by Andhra Pradesh police on January 7 and 8 for allegedly making a "hate speech" against a particular community.
Owaisi has been directed to appear before Investigation Officers of the Nirmal (Rural) Police in Adilabad district on January 7 and before the Nizambad II Town police on January 8.
The FIRs were registered suo moto at Adilabad and Nizamabad districts after the legislator had allegedly used inflammatory and derogatory language against a particular community during his public speeches last month.
The notices issued under section 41(A) of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) were pasted outside the residence of Akbaruddin in Banjara Hills here, as he is reportedly in London for treatment.
The MLA from Chandrayangutta here has been booked under IPC Sections 153A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, language etc and doing acts prejudicial to maintenance of harmony) and 295A (deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious feelings of any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs).
He has also been booked under IPC Section 121 (waging or attempting to wage war, or abetting waging of war, against the Government of India).
Prima facie there seems to be evidence against the MLA, Andhra Pradesh Director General of Police (DGP) V Dinesh Reddy had earlier said, adding the MIM leader could be arrested if the charges against him were established during the probe. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"