Mumbai, Jan 8 : The Animal Welfare Board of India (AWBI) has advised all state governments against granting permission for dolphin parks, citing cruelty to these mammals.
In a letter to chief secretaries, AWBI chairman R. M. Kharb said the board strongly opposed proposals for dolphinariums.
AWBI is a statutory body under the ministry of environment and forests.
The Maharashtra government has announced plans to build India's first oceanarium, Sea World, at a cost of over Rs. 5 billion, in Konkan, around 450 km south of Mumbai.
Among other things, Sea World would include a dolphin stadium, water park, a 3D dome theatre, aquarium, amphitheatre, underwater studio, rescue centre, theme restaurants and amusement facilities.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"