New Delhi, Dec 26 : Defence Minister AK Antony has expressed profound grief upon hearing the accidental death of five NCC Cadets by drowning in Periyar River in Ernakulam District, Kerala today.
He has expressed his deepest condolences to the parents of the cadets.
Antony has announced an ex-gratia compensation of Rs. 3.5 lakh per cadet to the families of the deceased.
In addition, arrangements are being made to airlift the bodies of the deceased cadets from Kerala to Delhi. Arrangements for their funeral are also being made.
As per the information available, the cadets were participating in an All India Trekking Camp at Malayattoor near Kochi in Kerala. The national level trekking camp had commenced on December 23 and was slated to end on December 30. Unfortunately, all the deceased cadets were from Delhi.
An inquiry has been ordered into the incident. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"