Chennai, Dec 4 : To meet its electricity requirements in a power-starved Tamil Nadu, tyre company Apollo Tyres Ltd is planning to set up a 15 MW thermal power plant at its factory near here, the company said Tuesday.
Two units each of 7.5 MW will be set up at the company's factory at Oragadam, around 50 km from here. The factory has a capacity to roll out 550 tonnes of passenger vehicle and truck/bus radial tyres per day, the company said in a statement.
According to the environment impact assessment (EIA) report by Hubert Enviro Care Systems Pvt Ltd, the expected outlay will be Rs. 80 crore.
"Coal is easily importable through the Chennai port, 52 km from the site," the EIA report states.
The plant will come up in an area of 2.47 acres and the flyash (100 tonnes per day) will be disposed of to brick kilns.
The power plant will run for 18 hours a day, with an effluent generation of 40.98 KL per hour. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"