London, Jan 25 : Tech giant Apple is planning to create a line of smart shoes that would alert owners when the footwear needs to be replaced.
The shoes would have sensors installed in the heels that would alert the wearer when the footwear was worn down.
The alert could come in the form of a flashing light or beep.
But it would also incorporate a wireless interface, presumably connecting to an iPhone or iPad, the Daily Mail reports.
The company filed designs for the invention with the U. S. Patent & Trademark Office in July 2012 and it was publicized on Thursday by AppleInsider.
According to the report, the technology is similar to the Nike+ line, which is compatible with Apple devices.
It features soles that are crafted to embed a sensor that tracks the athletic performance of its owner.
The sensor monitors workout activity and that information is transmitted to a smartphone app that tracks and compiles a person''s workout history.
The report also said that earlier it was reported that Apple had filed a trademark for developing a system that would embed sensors in a variety of workout clothes that could monitor overall body movements during a workout. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"