Islamabad, Nov. 27 : A female representative of Syed Balanoshi Noahtani Sadaat tribe, inhibiting the Chaghi district of Balochistan province, has accused former president General Pervez Musharraf of having played havoc with the province''s resources by reaching unilateral agreements with foreign companies.
Rubina Shah Noahtani said this while appearing before a three-member bench in the Supreme Court on the pending issue of grant of mining lease over exploration of gold and copper reserves in the Reko Diq area, reports The Dawn.
Noahtani said that the foreign company Tethyan Copper Company (TCC) had caused severe threat to the wild life and created environmental hazards in the last 20 years with the usage of lethal cyanide gas.
She claimed the TCC captured 10,000-acre land of their ancestors.
She said the Noahtani tribe, which consists of over 25,000 tribesmen, should be given royalty and compensation.
She further said that the tribe has 600-year old documentary record of their land but the Musharraf''s regime had reached the agreement with a foreign company, ignoring concerns of the local community.
Noahtani demanded that foreign companies should hand over a share of the benefits from the projects to the local populace. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"