Dhaka, Nov 20 - Bangladesh has expressed deep shock at "Israeli atrocities" and violence in Gaza in recent days that has caused loss of lives of Palestinian civilians and posed renewed threat to regional peace and stability.
The ministry of foreign affairs said Dhaka strongly condemned the Israeli action and "calls for an immediate cessation of its atrocities on the civilian population in Gaza and to ensure a reversal to normality", Xinhua reported.
Bangladesh also urges the international community to put pressure on Israel to stop violence, it said.
The ministry statement said Bangladesh maintains its principled position on a comprehensive solution of the Palestinian question in accordance with the relevant UN resolutions, the Arab Peace Plan and the Road Map.
It said Bangladesh has always strongly supported the just cause of the Palestinian people and their legitimate and inalienable right to a free and sovereign Palestinian state.
The statement also said Bangladesh strongly believes that the occupation of Palestinian land must come to an end, and the Palestinian people must have their own independent state with East Jerusalem as its capital.
Bangladesh believes that the international community must strengthen their efforts, individually and collectively, to support the rights and aspirations of the Palestinian people, it added. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"