Dhaka, Dec 16 : Tens of thousands of Bangladeshi volunteers Monday formed the world's biggest national flag in a bid to breach Guinness World Record.
Organisers said 27,117 volunteers from the Bangladesh Army, educational institutions and the general public stood up with red and green placards to form the national flag at Dhaka's National Parade Ground, Xinhua reported.
The placards, held above their heads, collectively depicted the Bangladeshi national flag.
The participants stood there for six minutes and 16 seconds, though the requirement for setting a new world record was five minutes, they said.
The organisers earlier said the main objective of this event was not only to celebrate Bangladesh's Victory Day in its liberation war, which falls Monday, but also to show the world the inner strength and unity of the people of the nation.
According to the organisers, previously the largest human national flag was formed in Pakistan on Oct 21, 2012, with 24,200 participants attending the Punjab Youth Festival at the National Hockey Stadium in Lahore.
Bangladesh's third largest cell phone operator, Robi Axiata, in collaboration with the Bangladesh Army, organised the event in Dhaka.
After the successful completion of the incredible event, organisers said all the relevant documents and images will be sent to the Guinness World Record committee for validation.
A Guinness-accredited auditor was present to oversee the creation of the national human flag.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"