Patna, July 11 - A Bihar official, an accused in a disproportionate assets case, would gift his wife gold ornaments whenever he received a fat bribe. And as investigators searched, they came upon a staggering 230 gold ear-rings, 53 finger rings and 36 bangles.
The Economic Offences Unit (EOU) team of Bihar Police was flummoxed when it recovered 230 pieces of gold earrings and tops during raids at the residence of Deputy Director of Secondary Education Radha Krishna Singh Yadav.
Yadav's love to gift his wife gold ornaments surprised the raiding team. It seems he gifted his wife gold ornaments whenever he got a hefty bribe, an official remarked.
"We also recovered 53 finger rings, 36 bangles, 30 chains and six necklaces...," an EOU official said.
Two days ago, a team conducted searched at the house of Yadav in Patna and other places.
"EOU found total gold ornaments weighed around 1.5 kg and were worth Rs. 38 lakh," an official said.
Additional Director General of Police Ravinder Kumar said the team raided Yadav in a case related to disproportionate assets.
The EOU team discovered properties worth crores of rupees.
"He was merely an education officer, but he had silver waistbands, heavy bangles and scores of anklets weighing 8.5 kg," an official said.
According to officials, Yadav's ill-gotten wealth stands at Rs. 2.39 crore, including house, plots and banks accounts. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"