London, Dec 28 : Pakistan's slain prime minister Benazir Bhutto's son Bilawal has vowed to fight militancy to maintain democracy.
Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, in his first major political speech, told party supporters marking five years since his mother''s death that she "sacrificed her life to uphold democracy".
In remarks carried by Pakistan state television, Bhutto Zardari told a crowd of tens of thousands of Pakistan People''s Party (PPP) that the people were "the source of power".
According to the BBC, he vowed that his party would fight militancy and extremism to create a peaceful, democratic Pakistan.
This was the first time that Pakistanis had heard Bhutto Zardari speak live on radio and TV and he drew heavily on his family''s dynastic role at the heart of the country''s politics, the report said.
Stressing his family''s political legacy, Bhutto Zardari said the party''s focus was and would remain on "food, clothes and homes". (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"