Islamabad, Dec 27 : Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari, who is co-chairman of the ruing PPP, is likely to hand over the party's leadership to his son Bilawal Bhutto Zardari on the eve of the death anniversary of Benazir Bhutto.
Amid these speculations, Pakistan's Information Minister Qamar Zaman Kaira said that it would be an important day for the party and the country as another Bhutto was starting his political career.
Talking to reporters, he said the journey started by the late Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and continued by Benazir Bhutto for strengthening the country was full of crises, problems and sacrifices.
Kaira said Zulfikar Ali Bhutto had begun the journey by giving a new philosophy to Pakistan, the Dawn reports.
Benazir Bhutto had also given her vision and now Bilawal Bhutto would announce his vision, he added.
According to the paper, Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah, Law Minister Ayaz Soomro and Local Government Minister Agha Siraj Durrani have also been talking about the beginning of the `political career' of Bilawal Bhutto Zardari on Thursday.
Zardari's spokesman Senator Farhatullah Babar, however, rejected the speculation about a handover of party leadership and termed it `totally incorrect'. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"