New Delhi, Jan. 25 : The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday demanded the death penalty for Pakistani-American terror handler David Coleman Headley.
It also said that Headley should be extradited to face trial in Indian courts for the killing of 166 people in the 2008 Mumbai terror strike.
Party spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy said here: "The sentence (of 35 years awarded to Headley) handed down to Headley is perhaps for the death of six Americans killed on Indian soil. What about the other people killed across Mumbai in the ghastly act."
Rudy added: "BJP demands justice for them which is only possible when Headley is brought to India to be tried by our courts."
He said the sentence was only partial as it was awarded by a U. S. court under American laws for the killing of American citizens.
"We want him to be tried like Ajmal Kasab. No Indian can settle for less than death sentence for Headley... We demand from the Government of India to bring Headley to India without delay as the crime was committed on Indian soil," Rudy said.
The BJP''s reaction to the sentencing of Headley, 52, was an expression of its unhappiness over the prosecution seeking a lighter term.
Headley had entered into a plea bargain with the US investigators under which he escaped death sentence. (ANI)
- Rohit Verma during his fashion show
- Rohit Verma with Swati Loomba during Fashion designer Rohit Verma's fashion show
- Rohhit Verma with Shilpa Marigold during Fashion designer Rohit Verma's fashion show
- Rohhit Verma with Shiba during Fashion designer Rohit Verma's fashion show
- Rahul Roy, Shilpa Marigold with Rohhit Verma during Fashion designer Rohit Verma's fashion show