New Delhi, Nov 20 : The Bharatiya Janata Party on Tuesday came out with a clear stand that the party is not going to support no-confidence motion proposed by Trinamool Congress (TMC) in upcoming Winter Session of Parliament, after its parliamentary executive committee meeting held at senior leader L K Advani residence here.
However, the Party has decided to corner the UPA government on the issue of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail sector to bring a motion for floor division. Talking to media about the outcome of the meeting, BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said: "We discussed in elaborate detail our strategy for the forthcoming Parliament session within the party and with ally partners.
We will bring a motion for voting against FDI." Leader like BJP president Nitin Gadkari, L K Advani, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley, Yashwant Sinha, Jaswant Singh, M Venkaiah Naidu, Ramesh Bais, Maya Singh, Prasad, Rajiv Pratap Rudy and Shahnawaz Hussain were present at he meeting.
According to media reports BJP has analyzed that the opposition has not enough number to over-throw the UPA at present amid the two parties supporting parties it from outside, Samajwadi Party (SP) and Bahujan Samaj Party
(BSP) are not going to vote against the government. Yesterday, the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) also stated that the no-confidence motion will only benefit the government and that is why party will not support it. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"