New Delhi, Jan. 24 : Congress Party spokesperson Renuka Chaudhary on Thursday criticized the BJP''s ongoing agitation against Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, saying that the country''s main opposition is merely diverting the public''s attention from its own internal problems, including the fact that one of its leaders (Nitin Gadkari) had to give up his post due to charges of corruption against him.
"It is a diversionary tactic. There are a lot of rifts in the party. Just to distract the people, they are doing this agitation," she said.
"It is just they are hiding there loopholes. They have problems amongst themselves. Our party has cleared it that, terrorism has nothing to do with any colour. They are agitating for no reason," she said.
"He (Shinde) is the Home Minister and he must have the facts before him when he made the statement," she added.
Shinde had made the controversial remark on the final day of the Congress Party''s Chintan Shivir in Jaipur. He had accused the BJP and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) of holding terror training camps and promoting "Hindu terrorism" in the country.
The statement immediately invited condemnation from both the BJP and the RSS. They have demanded Shinde''s immediate sacking from the Union Cabinet, and apologies from Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh and Congress Party president Sonia Gandhi.
Later, defending himself, Shinde said that he didn''t say anything new and only spoke about saffron terrorism, which has already been talked about many a times in newspapers. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"