New Delhi, Nov 19 : The Bharatiya Janata Party on Monday lashed out at the Congress Party and Finance Minister P Chidambaram over his remark about estimated loss quoted by Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) in coal blocks allocation scam. Yesterday, Chidambaram said that like the 2G, the CAG's estimate of Rs 1.86 lakh crore losses would be also proved wrong.
BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said: " It is a new strategy of the Congress Party to show itself as innocent by alleging CAG. The Congress has determined to attack the constitutional body and organizations that raise their voices against their corruption." "BJP condemns Finance Minister P Chidambaram for attacking and mocking the CAG once again. He has done so in 2G and now he is doing for the coal scam also," said Javadekar. "The minister, who is running away from any probe and accountability of his role in 2G scam, is indulging in to brazen insinuation of CAG is condemnable," he added.
Javadekar said that the whole country has witnessed and is fully aware about how the Congress-led UPA Government has looted the country through the mega coal scam. He also reiterated that at last the truth will come out before the people, as so far, the CBI has lodged seven FIRs, and the Inter-Ministerial Group (IMG) which is looking into the matter has revoked 24 licences and the bank deposits of more than 25 firms have been seized. The Supreme Court has also issued notice to the Centre and CBI and asked why the matter should be not investigated by a Special Investigating Team
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"