Jammu, March 15 : The members of Jammu-centric political parties Friday walked out of the Jammu and Kashmir legislative assembly, protesting the resolution of the Pakistan National Assembly condemning the execution of Afzal Guru.
The Pakistan National Assembly Thursday condemned the execution of Afzal Guru, convicted of conspiracy that led to the terrorist attack on India's Parliament House in 2001. The resolution also demanded that the body of Afzal Guru be returned to his family in Kashmir, for a "proper burial".
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Jammu Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) members raised the issue as the house assembled in the morning.
BJP member Ashok Khajuria said: "Pakistan is interfering in the internal affairs of India, and by passing this resolution, it (Pakistan) has given its stamp of approval to the terrorist attack on Indian parliament. This also indicates that Pakistan was behind that attack."
Raising slogans against Pakistan's resolution, the members of the Jammu-centric parties walked out of the state assembly.
Later, Khajuria told reporters outside the assembly that the National Conference (NC) led coalition government of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, in alliance with the Congress party, was "a big threat to the integrity and security of the country. Hence it should be immediately dismissed."
Afzal Guru was hanged to death Feb 9 after remaining on death row for about eight years. He was found guilty of plotting the attack on the Parliament House Dec 13, 2001. He was buried in Delhi's Tihar Jail complex. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"