New Delhi, Dec 3 : Alleging the Congress Party of defaming Gujarat and Chief Minister Narendra Modi by baseless charges, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday rubbished the accusation made by Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Manish Tewari on Monday questioning the Gujarat government over the Tehelka magazine''s expose on gas exploration in Krishna-Godavari Basin.
Reacting to the fresh allegations against Gujarat Government headed by Narendra Modi ahead of the assembly elections, BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said that the mining has been Okayed by director of hydrocarbon and there is no scam. "They (Congress) are defaming Gujarat yet again. This is their only campaign to defame Gujarat and it will be rebuffed. The Congress itself sinking in mining scam and this is the most ridiculous report.
Gujarat Government has done everything in a transparent method," said Javadekar. Earlier in the afternoon today, Manish Tiwari alleged that the Narendra Modi-led Gujarat Government had given away a stake to a private company registered in Barbados named GeoGlobal and the private company has made a windfall gain of around Rs. 100 crore, while addressing a press conference with Congress spokesperson Renuka Chaudhary here.
He further revealed that according to the Tehelka report, the Narendra Modi government gave away 10 per cent stake in a KG Basin gas field to GeoGlobal Resources, a company that existed only on paper and was set up at a cost of USD 64. This has been alleged in a report published by the Tehelka newsmagazine on its website recently. According to the report, the deal was inked in March 2003, when the BJP was in power both at the state and the Centre. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"