Islamabad, July 18 - Britain has plans to work in partnership with Pakistan to provide expertise and support in developing counter-terrorism strategy.
Speaking during a joint press conference with Pakistani Advisor on National Security and Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz, British Foreign Secretary William Hague acknowledged the sacrifices made by Pakistani people in the war against terrorism, saying they continue to reject terrorist violence and intimidation, Xinhua reported Wednesday.
On Afghanistan, Hague said good relationship with Pakistan's neighbour was a key to security and Britain and Pakistan agree on importance of peace, stability and security in Afghanistan and support Afghan-led and Afghan-owned reconciliation process.
He said relation with Pakistan was very important for progress and prosperity of both countries.
Earlier, the two leaders held official talks and discussed wide- ranging issues, focusing on regional security and Afghanistan.
The two leaders agreed to enhance cooperation in a number of areas including trade and commerce and counter-terrorism. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"