New Delhi, Dec 6 : The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) will vote in favour of the Congress-led UPA government on the issue of foreign direct investment (FDI) in retail, party chief Mayawati told the Rajya Sabha Thursday.
The BSP supremo was taking part in the two-day debate in the upper house on foreign direct investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail. Voting on the discussion shall be Friday.
Earlier, the Rajya Sabha was briefly adjourned as Mayawati accused the BJP of targeting her party over its stance on FDI in multi-brand retail and said the main opposition party's stance was like a "fox" who cannot reach grapes and terms them sour.
When the house resumed after a 10-minute break, she declared: "The BSP has decided to vote in favour of the government."
In the Lok Sabha, BSP had walked out of the house shortly before voting was held Wednesday on the same issue after a two-day debate. The BSP walkout helped the ruling United Progressive Alliance in defeating the opposition-sponsored motion. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"