Shimla, July 4 : J. S. Kamyotra, member-secretary of the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) in the ministry of environment and forests, is one officer the central government does not want to let go of.
Since 2011, his deputation term has been extended six times, according to information accessed through the Right to Information (RTI).
Kamyotra was appointed CPCB member secretary Dec 23, 2008, for a term of three years. His deputation term ended Dec 21, 2011.
He was granted five successive extensions, each for a period of three months, since Dec 23, 2011, RTI activist Dev Ashish Bhattacharya said.
The RTI reply says his deputation was extended a fifth time until June 21.
Official sources said Kamyotra, who holds the post of Scientist 'F' in CPCB, got a sixth extension June 22, for another three months, till the selection and appointment of a regular member secretary, whichever was earlier.
The RTI query says 29 candidates had applied for the post of member secretary, of which 18 were shortlisted for the interview.
However, the interview, scheduled for March 18, was later put off.
Officials of the Himachal Pradesh Pollution Control Board said the union ministry of environment and forests was deliberately delaying the appointment of a new member secretary.
"At the last minute, the candidates shortlisted for interview for the member secretary post were informed that the interview had been put off. Since then, there was no final word on fresh dates for the interview," an official told IANS, requesting anonymity. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"