Raipur, Dec 5 : The opposition Congress in Chhattisgarh Thursday ridiculed exit poll projections and reiterated that it will win a majority of seats to form the new government in the mineral-rich state.
State Congress spokesman Sushil Anand Shukla described the exit poll results as "unscientific and fictitious".
He said the common perception that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) will score the winning hattrick will be exposed Dec 8 when results are announced of the polls to the 90-member assembly.
"Let the BJP celebrate for two days on false hopes, but it would soon realise that people have not voted for it. There was a wave against the BJP government and people have voted against its corruption and misrule," Shukla said in a press statement.
He said similar kinds of exit polls in several states have been proved wrong in the past.
Chhattisgarh went to polls in two phases - Nov 11 and Nov 19.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"