Sydney, Jan. 21 : Boiling racial tensions in Logan, Queensland, have resulted in some children being too scared to go to school or sports clubs, a meeting has heard.
About 20 representatives of local cultural and social groups joined Mayor Pam Parker and Premier Campbell Newman to confirm their commitment to a `liveability' summit on February 19, because of the violence in the city.
Janet Laynot from the Logan and District Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation of Elders told the meeting that racially motivated bullying among young people had become a serious issue for the community.
The meeting also heard violence would `blow out big time' if resources were not available for elders to keep the peace, Courier Mail reports.
According to the report, Newman said he was very concerned to hear the claims and would ensure action was taken to stamp out bullying before school resumed next week. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"