New Delhi, Oct 8 : India gives priority to the well being of children and is committed to the UN Convention of the Rights of the Child since its adoption by the United Nations, Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar said Tuesday during a discussion in Geneva.
"India accords a very high priority for the well being of children and considers their issues with due diligence," the speaker said during a panel discussion on The Role of Parliaments in Protecting the Rights of Children in Geneva.
She said India had established a National Commission for the Protection of Child Rights in 2007.
The speaker is leading a delegation to the 123rd Assembly of the Inter-Parliamentary Union being held in Geneva.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"