London, Jan 26 : A Chinese woman, who had complained against the authorities over the treatment of her husband at a labour camp, has been detained at a disused mortuary for the past three years.
Chen Qingxia had already served 18 months at a re-education camp for her campaign, but continued to fight and so was confined to the mortuary.
According to the BBC, reports of her ordeal in the province of Heilongjiang have triggered an outcry on social media.
Chen''s ordeal began in 2003 when her husband was imprisoned for attempting to breach a quarantine during a Sars epidemic, the Global Times newspaper reported.
After he was freed, media reports say, his body was bruised and his mental health had deteriorated so much that Ms Chen decided to complain to the central authorities about the treatment he had received.
The move led to her being put through a re-education camp for 18 months, the report said.
After finishing the sentence, she was kept in the mortuary because she was still determined to continue her campaign, the report added. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"