Guwahati, Dec 10 - A grenade made in China and an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) has been found near here, police said Tuesday.
The explosives were recovered a day after intelligence inputs that the faction of the United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) opposed to peace talks might try to carry out subversive activities in Assam's major city Guwahati.
The police have also identified the two activists of ULFA's anti-talks faction, who were involved in transporting the IED, police said.
"We have received intelligence inputs that two cadres of the outfit had been trying to enter the city with explosives to carry out subversive activities. We have worked on the information and recovered an IED and a Chinese grenade from Kahikuchi area near city last night," said Senior Superintendent of Police (City) A. P. Tiwari.
"The recovered IED is a sophisticated one attached with timer device and it is of high intensity. Ajay Deka and Karna Rabha brought the IED and they were trying to enter the city," said Tiwary.
The police said that both of them had taken shelter in a labour camp in Kahikuchi area.
"We have raided the camp after receiving specific information last night and the IED and the grenade were recovered. The two cadres, however, managed to escape," he said, adding that two people, who had given shelter to the cadres, have also been detained by the police. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"