New Delhi, July 21 : It was a cloudy morning in the national capital Sunday, a day after a torrential downpour saw thousands of commuters stranded and many areas flooded. The Met office has forecast more rains later in the day.
"The sky will remain cloudy and rains are expected later in the day," said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
From Saturday 8.30 a. m till 8.30 a. m. Sunday, the city had recorded 123.4 mm rainfall.
Humidity remained high at 94 percent at 8.30 a. m. The maximum temperature is likely to hover around 32 degrees Celsius.
The national capital saw the heaviest spell in the last 10 years Saturday. Rains flooded roads, uprooted trees and broken down vehicles added to the heavy traffic jam.
A total of 384.5 mm of rain has been recorded in Delhi since the outbreak of the monsoon in June, which is 98 percent above the normal.
The rains Saturday had brought down the maximum temperature to 31.3 degrees Celsius, three notches below average. The minimum temperature recorded was 23 degrees Celsius, four notches below average for the season.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"