Chennai, Nov 19 : DMK president M. Karunanidhi Monday urged the central government to consult experts before a decision to make the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) a multi-member body.
In a statement issued here, Karunanidhi said: "Having the recent problem in mind, the central government should consult senior experts in the country and take an appropriate decision on the issue."
According to Karunanidhi the opposition to the views on making CAG a multi-member body should be viewed in the wake of the of poor revenue to the government in the recent spectrum auction.
He said the recent auctioning of second generation (2G) telecom spectrum had proved wrong the CAG's estimation of loss of Rs. 1.76 lakh crore in the allocation of spectrum by the central government earlier.
Karunanidhi said the justification of opposition parties' views on making the CAG a multi-member body should be looked at from two angles.
What was wrong in proposing to make the CAG a multi-member body when the multi-member Election Commission that held free and fair elections in India, Karunanidhi said.
DMK MP and former telecom minister A. Raja is the prime accused in the 2G case and Karunanidhi's daughter Kanimozhi was charged as an accused in a Delhi trial court by the Central Bureau of Investigation. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"