Cooking gas leakage led to blast in Andhra's Vikarabad

Cooking gas leakage led to blast in Andhra's VikarabadHyderabad, March 23 : The explosion at a house in Andhra Pradesh's Vikarabad town Friday night was caused by leakage from a cooking gas cylinder, police said Saturday.

Two people - a five-year-old child and a 40-year-old woman - were killed and 13 others injured in the blast. Five of the injured are in critical condition.

The blast damaged four houses in Rajiv Gruha Kalpa colony in Vikarabad town of Ranga Reddy district, about 60 km from here.

A police officer said cooking gas cylinder in the house of Chandraiah was leaking, which led to the blast. Chandraiah's neighbors had gathered to observe the leakage when the explosion occurred.

Earlier, top police officials and forensic experts visited the blast site following reports that explosives were stored in the house.(IANS)

General: 



Check out More news from Telecom Sector :: Pharmaceutical Sector :: Auto Sector :: Infrastructure :: Real Estate


Popular Stories

BJP Govt. has no policy to handle Naxalism: Owaisi

Hyderabad (Telangana), April 26 : Condemning the... Read More

Dinakaran's arrest a step towards cleansing of TN politics: BJP

Chennai (Tamil Nadu) [India], Apr 26 : Hailing the... Read More

SC to hear plea challenging mandatory Aadhaar move by Centre

New Delhi [India], Apr 26 : The Supreme Court will... Read More

Malegaon blast: Unsatisfied with bail, Sadhvi Pragya awaits acquittal

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], Apr 26 : Despite... Read More

AIADMK bribery case: Dinakaran arrested, to be produced before court today

New Delhi [India], Apr 26 : Ousted AIADMK leader T.... Read More

AIADMK bribery case: After 4-day marathon grilling, Dinakaran arrested

New Delhi [India], Apr. 26 : Dramatic developments... Read More