Cooking gas leakage led to blast in Andhra's Vikarabad
Hyderabad, March 23 : The explosion at a house in Andhra Pradesh's Vikarabad town Friday night was caused by leakage from a cooking gas cylinder, police said Saturday.
Two people - a five-year-old child and a 40-year-old woman - were killed and 13 others injured in the blast. Five of the injured are in critical condition.
The blast damaged four houses in Rajiv Gruha Kalpa colony in Vikarabad town of Ranga Reddy district, about 60 km from here.
A police officer said cooking gas cylinder in the house of Chandraiah was leaking, which led to the blast. Chandraiah's neighbors had gathered to observe the leakage when the explosion occurred.
Earlier, top police officials and forensic experts visited the blast site following reports that explosives were stored in the house.(IANS)