Hyderabad, Jan. 3 : A local court here on Thursday, directed the police to investigate the complaint Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi for allegedly making `hate speech' while addressing a meeting at Nirmal town of Adilabad district on December 24.
Based on the complaint filed by a city-based businessman, the metropolitan magistrate has directed the Osmania University Police to investigate the complaint and file a report before it on January 28.
Kashimshetty Karunasagar, a lawyer, has also filed a similar petition against the MLA on December 28.
Karunasagar has accused the MIM leader of giving provocative speech and sought registration of a case against him under Sections 295A (deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious feelings) and 153A
(promoting enmity between different groups on religious grounds) of the IPC.
Karunasagar has alleged Owaisi of using inflammatory and derogatory words against Hindu gods.
Akbaruddin Owaisi, brother of MIM chief and Lok Sabha MP Asaduddin Owaisi, is in London at present. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"