Hyderabad, Dec 4 : A special court here Tuesday dismissed another bail petition of YSR Congress Party leader Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy in alleged disproportionate assets case.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) special court dismissed the bail petition of Jagan, as the MP from Kadapa is popularly known.
This was his second bail petition dismissed by the court in a week.
The court Nov 28 dismissed the first petition, in which Jagan sought to invoke his statutory right to bail, claiming that the CBI had failed to complete the probe in his case within the stipulated 90 days.
The CBI said if released on bail, Jagan could influence the investigations and tamper with evidence.
Jagan was arrested by the CBI May 27 and lodged in Chanchalguda Central Jail here.
The CBI alleged that Jagan conspired with his father and then chief minister Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy to favour some individuals and companies, which made quid pro quo investments in his businesses.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"